Monday, January 30, 2012

Books

I've been trying to keep up with reading as well as sewing - as I promised myself on 1 January this year.

I have finished "Death Comes to Pemberley" by PD James - really enjoyed this one.  Couldn't put it down.  If you love Jane Austen you will love this - it follows on from Pride and Prejudice.  This is one I'd read again.

I'm currently reading "Having the Builders In" by Reay Tannahill.  Enjoying this one too.  Set in medieval England and the story revolves around life in the castle, particularly in regard to the extensions planned.  Hence the title.  It's quite amusing in a very understated way.  There is a follow on novel called "Having the Decorator's In" and as this one is so much fun, I'll be delving into this one as well.

Cheers


1 comment:

Allie said...

Those all sound so good - I'm off to the library tomorrow, I'll see what I can find!