Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday's Treasures

We have a block of land - 55 acres near Bundaberg, Queensland.  We have a shed on it - hopefully a house one day.  We go there as often as we can - usually school holidays and long weekends.  It is so peaceful.  This is the view from outside the kitchen.  When I have my early morning cup of tea, I look out at this.  Some mornings there are kangaroos.  Lots of birds - kookaburras, magpies, some parrots.  We're finding that by taking our pet birds up they are calling other birds in.  One afternoon I saw an Eastern Rosella - the prettiest birds!  It's 5 kms around our boundary - so lots of lovely spaces to walk.

Wish we were there now.  Hopefully, one day we can leave suburbia and live there permanently - but kids' needs get in the way!!

Cheers

Marg

9 comments:

Melody said...

How beautiful, thank you so much for sharing this delightful place and linking into Tuesday Treasures. It is so wonderful to enjoy nature and tranquility.

BubzRugz said...

how special.... it's great to have a lovely place like that for your dreams to come real at...
Hugz

Bev C said...

Hello Marg,

Oh I am sure you will be there soon. Lots to dream and think about. Birds singing really make life wonderful.
happy days.
Bev.xoxo

Allie said...

A beautiful place - you'll get there - it will happen!

Michelle Ridgway said...

what a lovely dream to look forward to....looks and sounds like a very special place.

Valspierssews said...

What a beautiful view. The grasses look fantastic. We had a holiday unit at Woodgate Beach for years. Not any more but we love Bundaburg and will probably end up there when we have to downsize a bit.

Unconventional Us said...

a lovely view and what a wonderful dream to have! Hope you can build that house soon

Toni x

Anonymous said...

You will get there. It took me almost 20 years to get to my piece of rurality. Of course I wish I had MORE land but until I use what I've got it is more than I need. Family needs do have to be considered, but after living further out for a while your kids will be the first to say you should have moved sooner.
Meanwhile - enjoy your visits and knowing your dream is waiting for you.

Sheila said...

It is beautiful and even though you can't be there full time right now it is something to look forward to when you can be there , enjoy your days there when you can .