Sunday, February 12, 2012

Still in Bundy and Still Sewing

A busy week last week with lots of sewing getting done.


This is Summer bear by Debbie Amos - he's just about completed.  Just face to go.  I've enjoyed making him - quite different from dolls, but lots of fun.  Hopefully there'll be a face after my class on Tuesday.

This is the Garden of Life Quilt by Calico Farm Designs.  The top is finished - can't see the stitcheries in the photos.  A very enjoyable quilt to make.  Hoping to get it quilted this week.

One of the Stitcheries from Garden of Life Quilt.  I love the background fabric - chosen by Terease at Homespun and Beautiful - stunning as always!


Another stitchery from the Garden of Life Quilt.  Interestingly , the first border fabric is the same fabric I've used in the dress for the doll-bear in the next photo.  This one was kitted by The Quilter's Shack in Bundaberg.  Great minds think alike, hey?

This is the beautiful Elle Jane.  She is a bear-doll made with jointed neck, but sewn in arms and legs.  She is made from tea stained cotton wadding.  A beautiful bear to make.  So much so, that I made another one this weekend.  Just have to finish her face and finish her clothes.
I can't put Elle Jane on my "Sew it's finished" list as I only bought the kit this year, but she is my first OPAM entry.  One done for February.  Hopefully there'll be a few more entries before the month is over.

I'm in Bundy for another week and then back home for a week.  Eldest DS goes for his driving test the week I'm home.  So we'll see what happens after that.

I also made another quilt this week - a split nine patch, but blogger will not let me put the photo in here.  Not sure what that says.  Hopefully I'll be able to when I quilt it.

Cheers

Marg

1 comment:

Allie said...

Darling bear! And gorgeous quilt! Love the Elle Jane!