Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 - where did that time go?

Can't believe there is not one post from 2014!  It wasn't my best year ever - and I'm hoping that it will always be my worst.  My parents both had health issues and my teenagers seemed to detonate in front of me.  I seemed to move from crisis to crisis.

I got very little sewing done - for me.  I did sew costumes for a musical and a dance concert.  I think, all up, over 50 costumes.  But even though I like doing that, it's not quite the kind of sewing I get the most pleasure from.  The theatre group I'm involved with are a great bunch of people and we have some fun times, so not complaining too much there.

In 2015 I will be making costumes for two productions - one set in England in World War One (it is the 100th anniversary of the landing of Australian and New Zealand troops at Gallipoli - so will figure prominently in much of the community's thoughts this year!).  I'm a "Downton Abbey" fan, so I'm really looking forward to creating costumes for this period.  The second production will be "Wizard of Oz" - and it will be lots of fun, but will make a very busy second half of the year.  My girls are taking a break from dancing - so that should make life a little bit easier at the end of the year.

So, my list of items to sew for this year - firstly a quilt for my son's 21st.  It was supposed to be finished by 19th January.  With all the family dramas of the last twelve months, that is not going to happen now.

I also have a candle wicking quilt on the go.  It's a queen sized quilt and I'm doing it as a BOM.  I find this type of embroidery very relaxing and enjoyable to do at night.  I'll post some photos of the blocks I've completed so far.

I also have a hexagon quilt on the go - has been for a few years now.  I would like to make lots more progress on this one as well.

Of course, there will be a number of smaller projects that will take my time throughout the year.  Plus my scrap booking.  Always trying to make progress on that.

So my next post will include photos.  For this one I just wanted to get back on my blog.  One of my New Year Resolutions is to be more active on my blog and to catch up with others I met when last active.

Here is to a fabulous year ahead.  I'm convinced it is going to be a great one.

xoxo

4 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

glad to see you back here............costumes would scare the hell out of me making them.........hope you can share some pics that would be great too see them.........

Narelle said...

Great to see you back in blogland and look forward to seeing some progress pics :o)

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Marg! Thanks for popping in to visit me at Tag Along Teddies blog (you showed as a no-reply blogger, so this is how I could reply!) ... lovely to hear from you after a break. :0) Nice to hear you'll be joining us for OPAM 2015, too ... stay tuned for the sign up date. Happy stitching! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Denice Barker said...

Welcome back! I've missed you!