Thursday, January 31, 2013

January projects completed

Well, its been a bit of a week. We went away for the long weekend - a bit rushed at the end. So I only took Gardeners Journal stitching with me. Unfortunately, i got caught in the floods in
the Wide Bay area of Queensland. Once the rain stopped and the wind died down we were fine (although the wind and rain was very scary!). But we then had to sit and wait until they opened up the highway to the south of us.

I ran out of DMC thread for the GJ blocks. DH didn't seem to think it likely that this could be declared an emergency and have them helicoptered in. I got a little panicky then. All this time and no sewing. Ahhh! Luckily, I have a few things stashed away in Childers. So I started on an English Paper piecing table runner by Sue Daly. That is coming along quite nicely. I haven't a photo on here to use so that will have to come later.

We managed to drive home yesterday. Not too bad a drive but the flooding was just amazing. The heights the water had reached. Incredible.

Today was the day. I made two thread catchers. They were incredibly easy and lots of fun. I can see me making a few more. Very handy little items. I finished this about midday - hours before the deadline. Lol!

Here they are:

Not the best photo but they are done. I still have the shoe bag almost complete. Will get that done in February. But i can tick January off with a few hours to spare. Yay!!




Chookyblue...... said...

well done Marg you made it in time...........I wasn't thinking you would get it done until would think they had a special sewing emergency helicopter............

Fiona said...

lovely threadcatchers... and so glad you are safe and home...

Narelle said...

Good job Marg and love the daisy fabric :)