Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Where has May gone?

Life has been very busy in our household over the last few weeks. Mainly sport for the kids. My eldest DD went to the state netball Challenge Cup. Great three days do netball and while our girls didn't do anything great score wise, they had heaps of fun and learnt so much. The exciting thing was that the Wild Cats team spotted my DD and are interested in her joining their development squad. Now, nothing may come of it but it was nice to be noticed. On the way home from netball I called in to see a friend of mine who I worked with years ago - pre-children! It was great to catch up with her - lovely when the years melt away and you just have the best chat ever! On the sewing front not a lot has been happening. I am ready to quilt another completed top from some years ago - just have to get the time to sandwich and baste. I've been working on a table runner in class. That is almost finished. I've done a little on Some Kind of Wonderful and knitted one scarf. Better luck in June, I hope. Been to my second son's rehearsal today. Measured cast and about to get into costume making for Calamity Jane. On a sadder note, my uncle died this morning. Probably the most active 80 year old ever. He had a massive stroke on Monday. Life support was turned off last night and he died this morning. Quite a shock. I saw him a few weeks ago and he was as full of life as ever. It is a good memory to have of him. I keep reminding myself how much he would have hated to have lived and been inactive. He had a very individual view on life and wasn't afraid to tell everyone. We will miss him so much at family gatherings! Off to pick up kids. It never stops! Marg

2 comments:

Narelle said...

My sincere condolences on your sad loss Marg. Our loved ones live forever in our hearts.

I was thinking you must be super busy while your blog has been quiet. Well done to DD and good luck for the musical.

Allie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle - but oh my, how wonderful to go suddenly, and not have to live dependent on someone else for everything. Big hugs, sweetie...sounds like you've been VERY busy!