Friday, January 9, 2015

Patchwork of the Crosses

About a year ago, I stumbled across Lucy Boston's "Patchwork of the Crosses". It's based on the elongated hexagon and is essentially English Paper Piecing. I know lots of others are also as hooked as I am. I bought the book and had a read and it got put away. Just recently I bought a kit on line. However, I didn't have the template. And plastic templates do make life much easier with EPP. Just before Christmas  I found, Shiralee Stitches. Sandy was offering kits with template. Of course, being before Chrsitmas it was simply read and noted. Last week Sandy sent another email and it prompted me to go back and look. I ordered the first two blocks. Last night I completed the first.

Loving it. Each block contains 24 elongated hexagons. You change the pattern by how you arrange the blocks and how you fuzzy cut your fabric. Love the fabric Sandy has chosen. Just my colours!  She even sends little photos on how to fuzzy cut your fabric to get the look.

I'm doing this on my iPad and can't work out how to post a photo. I'll go on the computer later and put one on from there.

Cheers

Marg

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

hey I am doing Sandy's Lucy Boston blocks too.........joining the first one....the second one is cut but not glued.........loving it